• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

on the count down now !

cosmic dave

Is everyone ready for sat night ? Think I've managed to get a sun lounger. Let's hope for clear skies.

I for one am really looking forward to it. I hope the weather is as good as it has been every other time we have visited Gib Point. Be nice to see everyone and do some observing as it has been a while.

Also hope to see a good display from the meteor shower.

Looking forward to it, got sun-lounger, camping table, folding chair kitchen sink ...... ha ha

Are u bringing a sleeping bag Ron ? U could go straight to the party the day after. Lol

Guest jflowers

After reading about this on SGL, we plan to come if its clear, all the way from Deeping St James :)

Will be bringing a scope and some camping chairs!

After reading about this on SGL, we plan to come if its clear, all the way from Deeping St James :)

The more the merrier. :D

You will be made welcome by all.

Great news, see u saturday.

Will it be the usual arrangement of parking the vans across the back of the carpark?

Think so, then we can direct any other cars to park nearer the visitor centre.

What time does everybody hope to arrive?

(Sunset time is 8.15pm)

Edited by Ron Clarke

I want to get there about 7.30 too. Give us time to set up and discuss our plan of action for the evening.

Fingers crossed Ron, every time so far when we have planned to go it has been lovely and clear.

Yes, looks overcast for Sat night, but have seen that before and the forecast changes a lot as the week goes on.

Agreed, I will only give up if it's pouring with rain when I pass 'The Vine' !!!!

Agreed, I will only give up if it's pouring with rain when I pass 'The Vine' !!!!

I will drive all the way up to Gib Point just to check. :)