• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

on the count down now !

cosmic dave

Looks like i might need to add an umbrella to my check list for Saturday night. :angry:

Thought it was meteor showers we were going to see, not rain showers.

Its not looking very good, next clear night who's up for a meet at GP ?

Its not looking very good, next clear night who's up for a meet at GP ?

Just let me know whan Dave, i am usually available most days.

What is the plan for Sat night if the weather is rubbish. I know we are meeting at the Vine Hotel, but what then?

Back to our homes and bed ? Or do u fancy a night clubbing in skeggy ? Lol

:D . Maybe i should have been clearer with my question. I meant what will we be doing at the Vine hotel? Especially if other people turn up. If it is clear then we can just let people look through the scopes at Gib Point. If we need to go to the hotel then do we have a plan or is it just sit down and have a natter?

We should 'plan on the hoof', if joe public turns up then we should perhaps set a Reflector and a Refractor to show folks and have some star maps/books available and Dave can give a talk! (Providing it's ok with the Vine)

My hat hasn't, clear at the month at skeg. Let's hope it clears again tomorrow night. Oh and happy to set up scope.

Well it has cleared a bit here and the sky looks fantastic. The rain seems to clean the air. Don`t mind a few showers tomorrow day time but hope it clears up a bit for later on tomorrow night.

Well I'm all packed and ready for tonight, going to gib point straight from work. Just watched the forecast and its not looking good for later. Unless your in the south west. I will wait for u guys in the car park.

OK all, see you at the car park 7.30 ish. Will bring a waterproof cover for the scope in case of showers just in case! Fingers crossed for tonight!!

Just checked the Vine hotel on Google Earth, IF we have to go there and there is a break in the weather, that piece of grass outside could be handy for a quick setup!!

Edited by Ron Clarke

Hope so as well John, Dave's done lots of advertising all over including radio!!

Till we see some meteors I hope! Bringing a waterproof cover for the scope in case we get caught out with a shower!!

Just checked 3 weather sites for tonight, showers dying out 9-11pm, clear after till 3am then foggy!

Edited by Ron Clarke

Hailing down here, just fixed my obsy guttering!! I'll bring a roll of large bin bags with me in case of showers, off to get everything packed and ready, need a spanner for the kitchen sink though :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest jflowers

No Meteors, a fleeting glimpse of Sirius and Venus and a bit of rain. But a nice dark spot you have there, look forward to coming again soon and good to meet you all!

Sheena and Jon