• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

autoguiding idiocy...

Dean Watson

Just getting ready for the new season, not used the mini laptop for guiding and started doing some test stuff on M31.  Had phd installed, wouldn't connect to the camera (Orion Starshoot Autoguider).  Messing around to get it working today.  Its amazing how much easier it is when you ACTUALLY INSTALL THE DRIVERS...Berk...

I loathe IT.  But not as much as I sometimes loathe myself.

• Like 2

Lol, classic.

Thats almost as bad as us visual lot leaving the end caps on your finder scope and wondering why you can't see anything.

• Like 1

I spent quarter of an hour trying to PA tonight after I had the mount apart. Would have been quicker if I had taken BOTH caps off the polarscope. :facepalm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I use a flip mirror when imaging with a DSLR.  Very useful for framing when the object is too faint to see on the camera screen or viewfinder.  A couple of test shots and then over to the serious exposure lengths.  Ideal.  Or it would be if you remember to flip the mirror back when you do a last check... Half an hour of blank images.  I mean, can't even use them as dark frames...  The times i've done that...  As I say, berk.