• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Feeling really ill.

Doc

I've come down with a terrible cold, could even be the dreaded Man Flu :D .

Seriously though I think I'm going through one of my autoimmune Sjogrens flares I suffer from, as all my joints are hurting and very tender, my glands are swollen as well. The small number of white blood cells I do have are trying to fight the cold leaving the Sjogrens to attack my body unchallenged.

I should go and have some blood tests just to make sure my WBC hasn't dropped below 1.

Just thought I would share this incase I'm not posting alot then you know the reason.

I will be shaking Friday morning but not with manflu but as I step on board my flight from Crete to Athens, then a lot more more shaking from Athens to Heathrow, next year I am staying here. Get well soon Doc.

Not doing to bad Di. Went down docs yesterday and he took some blood won't know for a few days. Just loads of aches and pains.

Still got the cold Darren, coughing up loads of thick green phelgm with traces of blood in it. Docs have just given me antibiotics but say they can't do much. White blood cells are borderline so need another blood test Wednesday.

Ahhhh, not good. Hope the antibiotics kick the little buggers into touch and you get better soon.

Ahhhh, not good. Hope the antibiotics kick the little buggers into touch and you get better soon.

The problem is Darren I suffer from loads of these. Because I have a autoimmune disorder I have very little immune system so I catch everything thats around, you could imagine the kids bring home loads of colds from school and of course I catch it. And because of this disorder I have very little white blood cells so the infection stays ages, and while the white blood cells are trying to attack the infection the actual Sjogren's is attacking my body and the little white blood cells can't combat both.

Ohhhh, really not good then. Life can be a real pain sometimes can't it? I`m 33 next year and have had Diabeties for 31 years, I`m now on 4-5 injections a day as well as blood pressure tablets, cholestorol tablets etc, I`m like a human pin cusion that rattles - lol.

Also had more laser to my eyes than I have had hot dinners, blood vessels keep trying to grow over my retina which leads to blindness, so have to keep having laser to keep the little buggers from getting too far.

But chin up, there are far more worse things out there than Diabeties.

I hope you feel better soon Mick.