• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

A sad day for me but the beginning of something new for somebody else.

Perkil8r

1 minute ago, Graham said:

Don't know how you could do it Mike. 

I still have every scope I have had.

:lol:

I was very reluctant but I do have a bigger fish in mind so I needed to release some equity. I was almost certain I would end up keeping it but hey, it's gone to a good home so the hobby can be passed on to another family. It seemed a waste having it just sat there doing nothing and let's not forget, it was a mirror, they're for shaving, not astronomy :lol:

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Perkil8r said:

it was a mirror, they're for shaving, not astronomy :lol:

Philistine! You didn't have swearing and cussing until someone decide it would  be a good idea to stick a camera on one. :D

I am glad she will get used by someone else to stare skywards and wonder about it all. Nice one Mike.

Sad days when a scope goes but look forward to all those nights with the new gear.

Stick with the real telescopes now Mike, you know it makes sense ;)

I sold my first scope, a 2" tasco on wobbly tabletop tripod for 10 shillings plus a packet of No6.

However in hindsight I should have kept scope no3, a Tasco 3" 10TE refractor an elegant scope plus good performer. I think it was circle T under the skin.

Thanks folks. I'm a firm believer that scopes should be used so I hated the idea that it was sat unused. Even reflectors deserve to be used. I'm really happy that it is going to a good home and will be used by father and son. I'll have to think long and hard before I buy Bob's first scope.

I have a few purchases in mind, it's going to be a while yet though before I have enough for any of them.

Out with the old, in with the new. I have my fondest memories of the Tasco 4.5" I owned for years. Fast forward nearly 30yrs, now I am selling my 9.25" , only had it since march, its been amazing. Time never stands still, personally I need to sell one to finance the other. (or in my case, use my bill money to pay for the scope and hope to sell the last one, to pay the bills) :) 

On ‎14‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 21:58, Graham said:

Don't know how you could do it Mike. 

I still have every scope I have had.

So do I. The 'scopes I don't use have little resale value. Apart from wanting a larger hydrogen alpha solar 'scope, I've reached an equilibrium with what I have and the time I have to use it. Now just maybe a second Nikon DSLR with intervalometer to catch the meteors I am missing.

• 1 month later...