• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

November Open Dome Event 23rd Nov '17 Dr Phil Sutton

default-1464385066-1420-eying-exomoons-in-the-search-for-e-t.jpg.38e1b9605c506a992564b4e2fcee69a6.jpg

The next open dome event will take place next Thursday the 23rd November 2017 at the usual start time of 7pm. This month our guest speaker is Dr Phil Sutton of Lincoln University with a talk entitled " How to find Exomoons and Exorings and their importance to understanding the universe". Dr Sutton will briefly look at how we can find exomoons and exorings then some interesting things about why we should be looking for them. Exomoons is a part of Dr Sutton’s research and personal interest.

After the talk there will be an opportunity to do some observing if the weather permits, a chance to tour the observatory for any new visitors who so wish and a very brief talk by myself on topical matters relating to astronomy if the weather is poor.

Refreshments are available from 6:30pm onwards. A recommended donation of £2 towards costs is suggested. Under 16’s must be accompanied by an adult please. Approx finish time will be no later than 9:00pm

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Cheers Mike. A fun evening as ever.... good quiz. Evidently however my lack of current astronomical activity has impacted on my ability to answer questions ! :-)

Steve