• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Roypow power bank.

tuckstar

Just ordered one of these to replace the big bulky jump pack I currently use.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00VA0XBKK/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1511015851&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=roypow+car+jump+starters&dpPl=1&dpID=41nOF9x865L&ref=plSrch

It's 12ah power bank with 2 usb charging points and I have also brought the 12v cigarette lighter plug (  https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07436GCGM/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1511015851&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=roypow+car+jump+starters&dpPl=1&dpID=41DcWpgJXYL&ref=plSrch) that just plugs in to the socket that the jump leads use. Nice and compact and as I only use power for dew protection it should hopefully be just the thing. But even if it's not its a great bit of kit in its own right. 

My friend has the 8ah model and has jumped started his car 3 times on one charge. I realise that there are high and low drain batteries, but as this is designed to charge things as well as jump start it should perform well. I'll let you know how it goes. 

• Like 3

Looks the business Andy ?

keep us informed about its performance or issues. Cheers for sharing.

That’s not bad I have a car starter bit bulky this is a fraction of the size may get one in the future make a bit of room in the boot ?

Interesting. Certainly very compact for car or astro use.

So I managed to have a play with this power bank last night at ww. 

Just running 3 dew bands, cooling fan, heated telrad and secondary and an led light. I set everything slightly higher than I usually do just to test it.

Started everything going at 7:30 and packed up about 11ish, so about 3 1/2 hours of use.  When I packed up it still had 50% power left.

Nice little bit of kit. I left it in its supplied case witch is supposed to be weather proof with just the 12v cigarette lighter adaptor sticking out and it fitted on the Base under the scope with no problems.

Would like to do some more testing in colder  conditions, and i don't think it would be much good for powering a mount, but for my usage it seems just the thing.