• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hi (again) from the Hereford area

fwm891

Been a long time since I've visited the forum so I thought a (re) introduction might be in order!  Now retired and moved house to Hereford area and just getting bnack into imaging (you may have noticed the weather has got worse over the last week or so...)

Hope you've all been good boys and girls while I've been away!

5 hours ago, Tweedledee said:

How do Hereford skies compare to your previous location? Should be excellent if you're out of town.

Not as dark here, and I don't have the low horizon I was used to in Devon. But I'm 6 miles to the SW of Hereford and my only real pollution is Hereford to the NE. The Brekon Beacons are close by and there's good amounts of open country around if I really need to swoop low.

Then astronomy wasn't our prime reason for a move - I wanted a bigger workshop to build my guitars, which I now have...

1 hour ago, fwm891 said:

Not as dark here, and I don't have the low horizon I was used to in Devon. But I'm 6 miles to the SW of Hereford and my only real pollution is Hereford to the NE. The Brekon Beacons are close by and there's good amounts of open country around if I really need to swoop low.

Then astronomy wasn't our prime reason for a move - I wanted a bigger workshop to build my guitars, which I now have...

I'm sure you'll have no problem filtering out Hereford like it wasn't even there. :)

Edited by Tweedledee

Hey Francis, good to see you again, it looks like you have been busy. I hope you get some clear skies to get your images rolling again. :)