• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

PHD 2

Alec

Been plagued with "Your Max RA Duration setting is preventing PHD from making adequate corrections to keep the guide star locked. Increase the Max RA Duration setting to allow PHD2 to make the needed corrections" Probably staring me in the face, but were is the settings for this ?

19 minutes ago, Alec said:

Been plagued with "Your Max RA Duration setting is preventing PHD from making adequate corrections to keep the guide star locked. Increase the Max RA Duration setting to allow PHD2 to make the needed corrections" Probably staring me in the face, but were is the settings for this ?

Using the ST4 Port looks like I should have the option On Camera is this correct ?

Press the 'Brain' then Algorithms, the setting is at the bottom. Hope this helps? (I still use 1.2 not 2.0)

Ron 

I am with Ron on this one. 

Dump phd2 and load up phd1. 

Tried 2 and had nothing but grief with it.

Went back to 1 and never had a problem since. 

I went to 2 and it's been a dream by comparison.

In the settings you need to extend the duration. What it's saying is that the pulses aren't long enough to correct it. The pulse is the amount of time the stepper motor is moving for.

In the brain go to the algorithms tab, max duration set to 2500ms on each should solve the issue.