Signing up for the East Midlands Stargazers is really quick and easy. Sign up using your email address, Facebook account or Twitter account, by using one of the buttons below.

Once you've signed up you'll be able to post in the forums to introduce yourself, customise your profile, exchange messages with other members of our community, and attend one of our monthly meetings to meet other members. We welcome members of all skill levels, from the complete beginner to the seasoned veteran of the skies.

Alec

PHD 2

Alec

Been plagued with "Your Max RA Duration setting is preventing PHD from making adequate corrections to keep the guide star locked. Increase the Max RA Duration setting to allow PHD2 to make the needed corrections" Probably staring me in the face, but were is the settings for this ?

Alec
19 minutes ago, Alec said:

Been plagued with "Your Max RA Duration setting is preventing PHD from making adequate corrections to keep the guide star locked. Increase the Max RA Duration setting to allow PHD2 to make the needed corrections" Probably staring me in the face, but were is the settings for this ?

Using the ST4 Port looks like I should have the option On Camera is this correct ?

Ron Clarke

Press the 'Brain' then Algorithms, the setting is at the bottom. Hope this helps? (I still use 1.2 not 2.0)

Ron 

Graham

I am with Ron on this one. 

Dump phd2 and load up phd1. 

Tried 2 and had nothing but grief with it.

Went back to 1 and never had a problem since. 

Perkil8r

I went to 2 and it's been a dream by comparison.

In the settings you need to extend the duration. What it's saying is that the pulses aren't long enough to correct it. The pulse is the amount of time the stepper motor is moving for.

In the brain go to the algorithms tab, max duration set to 2500ms on each should solve the issue.