• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

M15 24 11 2107 AMD

Alec

They look very sharp stars. Can you post the full size image, it looks very good.

P.s. That's not M15, looks like M13 to me?

Very nice crisp image. :thumbsup:

Looking at the Wikipedia M15 images, the star patterns above seem to match exactly. It is more difficult to match when comparison images are at a different angle or even worse at a different orientation.

I've never seen many photos of M15. I'm guilty of flooding cyberspace with M45 images, as many others, so it's nice to see something different.

Should be a contender for PoTM, IMNSHO!

13 hours ago, Tweedledee said:

Very nice crisp image. :thumbsup:

Looking at the Wikipedia M15 images, the star patterns above seem to match exactly. It is more difficult to match when comparison images are at a different angle or even worse at a different orientation.

Hmmm, I see what you mean, I was looking for the three big bloated stars just off the cluster that are usually there in images. Whatever, it's still a very good image.

4 minutes ago, Perkil8r said:

Hmmm, I see what you mean, I was looking for the three big bloated stars just off the cluster that are usually there in images. Whatever, it's still a very good image.

I initially looked for the same stars Mike. Then realised that the field was not quite wide enough to include those.