Please click here to read an announcement about EMS and the coronavirus.

• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

Test

Sign in to follow this  
Orion

Capture-the-Asteroid Competition 2017 - Asteroid Florence 3 Sept 2017 -II

Orion

Capture-the-Asteroid Competition 2017

Today, I received a delivery of a box with an unknown content.  I didn’t think I had any outstanding orders to receive, so it was a puzzle.  But when I saw it was from Airbus Defence and Space GmbH, I remembered what it was.  It was a gift from Airbus Defence for my submission of an image of asteroid Florence for their competition “Capture-the-Asteroid 2017”.  It was judged to be 5th place. My pictures submitted are linked below to my original post of titled "Asteroid Florence 3 Sept 2017".  The gift is a nice mug with the NEOShield-2 logo and an asteroid approaching the Earth. It was all a pleasant surprise.  I suppose I should get a pic taken of me with the cup. 

Pictures of their top three are shown in the second NEOShield link below

http://www.neoshield.eu

http://www.neoshield.eu/capture-asteroid-2017/

facebook.com/NEOshield

@NEOShieldTeam

My thanks go to Guy Wells of Northolt Branch Observatory and NEOShield-2 Team.

Edited by Orion
url address edit

BAZ

Blimey, well done Derek! I reckon you have this asteroid malarkey squared away now, international recognition eh. You have to be chuffed with that, keep up the outstanding work!  

Orion
10 hours ago, BAZ said:

Blimey, well done Derek! I reckon you have this asteroid malarkey squared away now, international recognition eh. You have to be chuffed with that, keep up the outstanding work!  

Thank you Martyn.  It's a nice feeling. I never got any nice recognition in my last years of working hard in my job, so this is a lovely thing to happen and encourages me to experiment more.