• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

This is interesting.......

Doc

Very interesting. I've noticed each time I've been there that they had 2 or 3 s/h scopes, but looks like they are going into it in a bigger way now. They've had an old Takahashi cass/newt for sale for about £3000 for at least a couple of years. I'm off up to RVO tomorrow afternoon. :)

I wondered whether they would remain in the astro market after they started to stock larger amounts of RC stuff. More power to their their collective elbows, it can only be good for astro, you know they won't do dodgy gear.

It was nice to see them at the IAS show back in October.

I've brought some stuff from them in the past, and Adam is great to deal with.

I've also traded a Celestron mount in with them, when purchasing a new item.

But when you trade something in, whatever it is, like a car for example, you won't get that good a deal.

You are left wondering "what would i have got for that on UKABS ?"

I always go on the train if i'm visiting : Kiveton Park station is right on the doorstep.

Edited by Bino-viewer

I suppose they are going to cut the deal to the bone as they have to make a bob or two out of it as well, they have a business to run and keep solvent. You will always get a better price going private as the taxman isn't standing over your shoulder waiting to take his slice. 

They had quite a nice varied range of eyepieces in RVO today at excellent prices compared to the competition, so I bought a little one. Pretty much the same old range of scopes were there including the Takahashi cass/newt mentioned above. Enjoyed the visit and the staff are very friendly as always.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

What did you buy Pete? Was it that little 3" 30mm ES eyepiece :lol:

I thought you'd think that. I was Just teasing. :D

Not ready for the big one yet, and not looking forward to buying a £1000 plus 3" coma corrector to go with it! :o

I did buy a little eyepiece at a very good price on a whim to try out...

1513856467380414498116.jpg?raw=1