• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

New Scope

Alec

Nice looking setup there Alec.

Good luck with your imaging and please show us your images.

Are you planning on imaging from home or do you have a darker site you use ?

And also....(forgive my ignorance here) you have your dew heater band on the scopes dewshield.

Should it not be further down ?

I can see theres no room further down as the tube ring is there, but won't the scopes optics still succumb

to dew  : possibly between the glass elements or on the inside of the rear element ?

I've had this happen to me on a cold dewey night (i was not imaging just doing visual)

Yes your correct the location of the dew heater needs moving down. It’s current location was to show I’ve fitted one? It’s final home position will be just infront of the Tube ring but behind the dew shield. 

I will be imaging from home, I’m quite lucky that it’s not too light and I have a reasonable view of North, West and south without obstructions. 

Just now, Alec said:

Yes your correct the location of the dew heater needs moving down. It’s current location was to show I’ve fitted one? It’s final home position will be just infront of the Tube ring but behind the dew shield 

Edited by Alec
  • Like 1