• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Quantum Insanity

I have a theory that thinking about Quantum Mechanics drives one insane. Like Relativity, Quantum Mechanics is counter-intuitive, so thinking about its consequences takes one to some rather uncomfortable places. What if quantum fluctuations were not random but pre-destined?  Then it would be pre-destined that would I would write about it and you would read about it and this would alter your view on predestination, which, in turn, would be predestined. Then there's the multiverse concept when I would only be typing this in parallel universes and not this one and you would be predestined not to read this.

Then the quantum anti-Sunny Phil would collide with me and the explosion would blow a hole in reality and I would never have existed.

Now could one be sane and insane at the same quantum time? It is driving me insane. Perhaps I should get hissed and forget about it!

Edited by Sunny Phil
Random factors caused a quantum blip and made me mistype. I'm not sure whether it was predestined or not!

4 hours ago, Doc said:

Moments like this I just open a bottle of red and watch Vikings on TV. 

I find that it all tends to make more sense after a bottle or two. :screwloose:

On ‎23‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 18:44, Doc said:

Moments like this I just open a bottle of red and watch Vikings on TV. 

Do the Vikings eat spam?

In this special universe within the multiverse, I taught a class in Norway and found that the Vikings' modern-counterparts did not even know what spam was!

21 hours ago, Tweedledee said:

I find that it all tends to make more sense after a bottle or two. :screwloose:

What Vikings do.

Best thing on TV IMO 

And NO Phil NO Spam was eaten in the making of Vikings

20 minutes ago, Doc said:

What Vikings do.

Best thing on TV IMO 

And NO Phil NO Spam was eaten in the making of Vikings

But were any cute or cuddly creatures killed in the making of Vikings?

31 minutes ago, Doc said:

You haven't watched Vikings have you Phil :lol:

Unfortunately, the financially challenged amongst us are more Freeview and Coronado PST type of people, rather than Sky, BT and Lunt 999mm dual Halpha CaK 'scope type of people.

1 hour ago, Sunny Phil said:

But were any cute or cuddly creatures killed in the making of Vikings?

I thought that your bit about "no spam was eaten" was a parody of a rather infamous disclaimer!