• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Nikon adapter and 2" filter

fwm891

Being a 'tinkerer' I got to thinking that my Nikon adapter has a 48mm T thread and my 2 inch filters have a 48mm thread so I could have just threaded the filter onto the back of the flattener/reducer and the Nikon adapter to that but that would destroy the back spacing. So I decided to try taking the filter glass out of its holder to see if it would fit inside the Nikon adapter :) it does! and the adapter with the filter inside still fits onto the back of the flattener/reducer without effecting the reducer/camera spacing.

So I can now use narrow band filters with my 0.79x reducer/flattener on the 115 EDT_APO for wider FoV's with the Nikon. ;)

• Like 1

Update: One of my filteres was just too big to slide into the threaded section so taking  the threaded ring out reveals a recess and back bevel to the threaded ring letting me drop the filter in behind the threaded ring. Not a quick filter change but if you have an LP filter or a dedicated Ha camera then this might be a more permanent option...

Nik-Filter-1.jpg

Nik-Filter-2.jpg

Nik-Filter-3.jpg

Nik-Filter-5.jpg