Signing up for the East Midlands Stargazers is really quick and easy. Sign up using your email address, Facebook account or Twitter account, by using one of the buttons below.

Once you've signed up you'll be able to post in the forums to introduce yourself, customise your profile, exchange messages with other members of our community, and attend one of our monthly meetings to meet other members. We welcome members of all skill levels, from the complete beginner to the seasoned veteran of the skies.

Sign in to follow this  
fwm891

Nikon adapter and 2" filter

fwm891

Being a 'tinkerer' I got to thinking that my Nikon adapter has a 48mm T thread and my 2 inch filters have a 48mm thread so I could have just threaded the filter onto the back of the flattener/reducer and the Nikon adapter to that but that would destroy the back spacing. So I decided to try taking the filter glass out of its holder to see if it would fit inside the Nikon adapter :) it does! and the adapter with the filter inside still fits onto the back of the flattener/reducer without effecting the reducer/camera spacing.

So I can now use narrow band filters with my 0.79x reducer/flattener on the 115 EDT_APO for wider FoV's with the Nikon. ;)

fwm891

Forgot the piccy...

adapter+filter-sml.jpg

fwm891

Update: One of my filteres was just too big to slide into the threaded section so taking  the threaded ring out reveals a recess and back bevel to the threaded ring letting me drop the filter in behind the threaded ring. Not a quick filter change but if you have an LP filter or a dedicated Ha camera then this might be a more permanent option...

Nik-Filter-1.jpg

Nik-Filter-2.jpg

Nik-Filter-3.jpg

Nik-Filter-5.jpg