• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hullo from Australia

Suzanne

I will be moving back to UK, I am delighted to find East Midlands Stargazers.  I have two telescopes, like photography.

Last year I had the wow factor seeing the night sky without its 'usually' city pollution as I went to Charleville in outback Queensland (Australia).  I got to see the night sky in a completely different light!  observing binary stars, star clusters, planets and of course the Moon.  The next day (also at the Cosmos Centre) I enjoyed seeing the sun in daylight through a special solar telescope.  Magic.

I look forward to learning more through this site.

Hello and welcome to the forum :) 

Bet you have seen the LMC and the SMC, and the skies out there must have been amazing?

If you have any questions, fire away in the appropriate section and in the meantime, I hope you enjoy the forum.

Hi Suzanne, welcome to the forum.

Make yourself at home and ask what you like, you might even get a sensible answer. :D

I reckon we might be asking you more questions about the southern sky though, there are some stunning objects there.

Where you moving back to, are you aiming to be in the East Midlands?

Thank you everyone for making me welcomed.  Appreciate that.  Will hopefully try to learn how to answer each of you individually.  

Have a great time looking up :-)

I have the Consultation Orion just above me at the moment, lovely bright and clear.  

• Like 2

Hi Tweedledee... Yes, it is quite magnificent really.  Great that there is no clouds as was so often the case for me back in UK!  I would love to get a shot of it but all is packed away for removalist this week.  Couldn't even find my binoculars which have a 42 magnification.  My camera has 82 but that seems to have gone walkabouts!

Back in Brisbane city later in week so will not get to see the heavenly bodies so clearly.

Then to New Zealand hoping that the night sky will present amazing opportunities. 

Saw this on YouTube.  My apology if I am not meant to suggest a post. 

• Like 2

Very nice video Suzanne. :thumbsup:

Sheila posted that one a couple of days ago...

https://www.eastmidlandsstargazers.org.uk/topic/13903-nasa-space-telescopes-provide-a-3-d-journey-through-the-orion-nebula/

But please keep contributing these things as we love to see them. :)

You seem to be a bit of a globe trotter - Australia then New Zealand and then you have the UK to look forward to. :)

22 hours ago, Suzanne said:

My apology if I am not meant to suggest a post. 

That fine Suzanne, we'll let you know if you post anything that's not approprate, but most things are fine as long as they don't offend anyone.

Enjoy the rest of your time down under.

Thank you and for good wishes for rest of my stay.  I have a couple of down under moon shots which I hope to upload in time.  

20 minutes ago, Suzanne said:

Thank you and for good wishes for rest of my stay.  I have a couple of down under moon shots which I hope to upload in time.  

That would be interesting, we get so used to seeing it one way up, would be nice to see it "upside down". There is a thread for luna photos, just pop it in there. I tend to use Flickr and just copy and paste the link in to a post.

Thanks Tuckstar.  Will try to upload before my computer gets packed away for shipment back to UK.