• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

gib point 21,4,12 the after chat.

cosmic dave

Thanks guys for coming and great to meet you all again. It took a long time to clear but at least it did. Sorry I had to leave so early but work in the morning was calling. What time did you all pack up ?

Guest jflowers

What!! it cleared LOL typical. We packed up and left around 10, even though we only got a fleeting glimpse of Sirius and Venus, we still enjoyed meeting you all and a very nice dark site you have there too. Look forward to the next time.

Thanks

Sheena and Jon

We packed up at 11.30. Was nice to meet all the new folks tonight. Hope that the weather is better for next time.

After the initial spell of horrible weather, we hung around chatting for a bit and it finally cleared. Not for too long but long enough for us to salvage something from tonights session.

Tonight we looked at Saturn, Mars, Venus, the Leo Triplet, M3, M57, M13. Then again the clouds started to roll in.

Had a look through one of Ron`s new Williams Optics UWAN`S tonight and was well impressed. Lovely sharp optics and such a big FOV.

Despite the weather, thanks to Ron for organizing tonight but a special big thanks to Dave as he has put in so much work to help promote ELAC.

An enjoyable evening as always, good company and a sky full of stars (well some of the time) ;) .

Edited by oldfruit

I will start on the promotion for Mays night tonight. Any ideas how we can fine tune things ? Mark will u please save me a copy off the notes you did for guests I want to keep a copy of everything we do. Thanks.

Congrats guys on what sounds like a great night, despite the weather.

How many turned up in the end?

We also saw the second pass of the ISS, but meteors were very few.

It was another good night after a dodgy start, thanks to David and Ron for the organisation and well done to Mark for producing a information leaflet to hand out.

Congrats on your evening guy's, a good effort at least rewarded in the end by a look at a few objects.

Your observing opportunity was 100% better than ours on friday, congrats from me too

Enjoyed last night, good to meet up again! Glad it cleared later and we got to see things. Long drive home and a headlamp bulb blew in Boston! Still looking forward to May's meeting!

British weather is pants, but at least you tried and despite the weather had a good night, well done guys.

Funny thing about ELAC is that despite the fact we all first met only on 3rd March this year, it feels like we have been going for ages. Everyone seems to have settled in nicely and we all have plenty to chat about when we meet up. I know it is still early days but i feel things can only improve from here on in as we become more established.

I would really recommend that anyone new to Astronomy or even the seasoned observers attend one of these meetings in their local area as going by my own experience, they would really enjoy it. There is always a good variety of kit to look at or look through and the advice given by other members is of great value. Plus it is nice to be able to talk to someone that actually understands what you are on about rather than a blank looking expression from the wife. :D

Guest @ndyC

Enjoyed my first trip to Gib point last night and meeting you all. After the weather finally cleared up late on, i could then appeciate the good views the site allows. I look forward to a fully clear night there in the future. :)