We politely request that members refrain from discussing politics and/or the Brexit debate on East Midlands Stargazers. Let's keep it to the topic at hand... Clouds. ☁️

• Join the East Midlands Stargazers astronomy community today!

Test

Sign in to follow this  
PunchyPariah

New from Notts

PunchyPariah

I'm Simon from Nottingham. Just thought I'd pop by and introduce myself.

I've been interested in photography for a long while (mainly landscapes & macro work). I decided to get back into stargazing after many years and try to combine the two. The wife (Vicki) and I had a trudge out in the snow to Surprise View a few weeks ago for some wide angle shots and was pleasantly surprised by the results.

I bought some kit to expand my abilities and after taking it out to Wirksworth for a test run. I got some decent stackable pics and that's made me keen to spend more time under dark skies. I've really caught the Astrophotography bug and while I still have lots to learn, with forums like this I'm sure I'll improve as I go along.

I've spoken to Daz via PM regarding the meet this coming Saturday, hopefully Vicki and I will be there. Fingers crossed for clear skies!

Smithysteve

Hi Simon, welcome to the EMS forum, lots of astro photography wizards on this forum (not me though, i am into visual stuff at the mo, I love photons hitting the back of my eyeball). Keep us informed how you are doing...

Clear skies! ??

Edited by Smithysteve

Bino-viewer

Hi Simon, welcome along.

I enjoy photography too and am also keen to improve my night sky imaging skills (which are only pretty basic)

But anything telescope or camera related is of interest to me. Its a great hobby.

Hope to meet you sometime :telescope::)

tuckstar

Hi Simon, welcome aboard. Feel free to ask any questions you may have. Someone on here will be able to help you out. In the mean time enjoy the forum.

Edited by tuckstar

Ron Clarke

Welcome both to the forum, I'm another AP stargazer! Hope to meet you Saturday..:)

BAZ

Hi Simon, a warm welcome to the forum. This astro can be an addictive lark, even more so when you stick camera's on it as well, you are going to need deep pockets.

That said it can be remarkably rewarding even with modest gear such as a pair of binoculars. 

All being well I'll be able to bump into you Saturday and say hi.