• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

May Meeting 19/5/12

cosmic dave

Hi guys just a quick note, the next official ELAC meeting is May 19th @ Gibraltat point, Skegness. from 8pm, topics for study/observations are the planets and the Virgo cluster (but of coarse not strictly these objects) more info to follow soon...

Nice to meet Sheena Jon and Andy for the first time at Aprils event and thanks to BBC Lincolnshire for advertising the meeting....

David

Weather permitting, we shall also be observing some Cumulas Nimbus clouds and some H2O droplets. :D

I am currently working on the info leaflet for the May meeting. I will be including a finder chart for the Virgo Cluster, which i have attatched a copy of. If you have a better chart then please send it to me.

That map looks fine Mark, lets hope for better weather this time!

Best i could find Ron, and to be honest i will find it of some use as there are lots of fuzzies in there that i have never seen visually as i have never spent that much time on the cluster. If it is clear i may even attempt some imaging too. I hope the weather is better too.

I always get lost in there :D . I'll have to bring the EQ6 and cheat and use goto ;) .

Absolutely. No point in having the tools if you can`t use them. :)

I always get lost in there :D . I'll have to bring the EQ6 and cheat and use goto ;) .

Its not cheating. Lol

Attatched is a copy of the May Gibraltar Point meeting of ELAC. Any changes you think need making then just let me know. Once approved i will again take along a few copies for anyone that wants one joining us on the night.

Even though the weather was awful to start with last time, still some folks turned up so fingers crossed for the next meeting.

Looks good, we are planning to come along again, hope the weathers a little kinder.

Jon

So do we lol, good work mark.