• Join the East Midlands Stargazers astronomy community today!

Test

Sign in to follow this  
Alec

Wymeswold 09.02.2018

Alec

The weather is looking mostly clear for tomorrow night between 19.00 - 01.00 at Wymeswold. May have a trip to the dark site if anyone is interested.

bryand

If it clears like it's supposed to, I'll be there from about 19:30 onwards.

B.

BAZ

I hope it stays clear for you. I already have a commitment or I would have joined you.

philjay

Ya know, I will have a go as well for a couple of hours, still havent had a chance to put the belt mod to work properly.

philjay

Ive just checked the scout hut site and it would appear there is a parish council meeting in the pavillion tonight if I read it right. So I will give it a miss as it is an hours drive there for me and would be wasted if theres muggles and lights about. I may pop up to Belper though not sure

Daz Type-R

Where have you seen that Phil, WW parish council usually meet on the 1st Monday of the month, February's meeting was on the 5th according to their website....

http://www.wymeswold.com/parish-council/parish-council-meetings/

Could somebody else confirm please?

philjay

http://www.wymeswold.com/parish-council/parish-council-meetings/

As you go down to the lower calender, the 9th and 11th are highlighted in red.

Ps the link wasnt working earlier now it is, tonight is something at the memorial hall wherever that is so forget what I said earlier. I will try and get to WW tonight

Edited by philjay

Daz Type-R

Nice one!

I have something on tonight until 9 ish, if it's clear then I may pop down but won't be there until 9:45 ish.

Daz Type-R

Guys, if I can't make it tonight and you do go, can you make sure you lock the gate again please?

philjay

Had a good 3 hours testing the belt drive mod, nice to see Bryan, so 2 scopes were up and running.

The patio is excellent for setting up provided you get in the clubhouse or fence shadow from the scout hut PIR flood light.

Its been awhile since I did any observing from WW and one thing I noticed was the skies are much lighter than I remember. An unfortunate fact of life these days but its still darker than most of us have at home.

Daz Type-R

Glad you got the belt mod all tested, I will see if I can do anything about the Scout Hut PIR light, can't promise anything though.

bryand
On 2/10/2018 at 10:53, Daz Type-R said:

Glad you got the belt mod all tested, I will see if I can do anything about the Scout Hut PIR light, can't promise anything though.

The light is actually quite useful as you come and go through the gate.  It just needs shielding so it doesn't light the non-road side.