• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Maplins

BAZ

I suppose they are getting pasted by online sellers price wise, but I do use them fairly often as it is more convenient to just go and get something so the job is done rather than waitng for it to turn up. That reminds me I need some red LED's. :whistle:

My brother in law's son works for maplins. 

He found out that he might be redundant from the Web.

His bosses had not even told the staff of the situation. 

Doesn't seem 5 minutes since Maplins first opened in Mansfield (probably 7 or 8 years). Found them really useful numerous times when needing something in a hurry even if they are not the cheapest. Hope my local one doesnt close. :(

Its always a store i want to pop into if i'm at our local retail outlet.

Lets hope they can find a buyer to help them out.

I'm surprised it's took this long. Whenever I go into our local one it's pretty empty, the internet must be killing them big time.

6 hours ago, Doc said:

I'm surprised it's took this long. Whenever I go into our local one it's pretty empty, the internet must be killing them big time.

In the Mansfield branch they always seem to have far too many staff. One time I saw 7 staff and there was only me in the shop! Usually there's several young lads (staff) stood around chatting and having a laugh.

I often pop in to my “local” Maplin for a browse and buy the odd thing. I hope they get rescued