• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Macclesfield Astronomical Society's 2012 New Year lecture

glider

Just received via email......

Dear fellow Astronomer

I would like to take this opportunity to invite you and your members to attend Macclesfield Astronomical Society's 2012 New Year lecture.

Our lecturer will be none other than renowned Oxford science historian Dr. Allan Chapman, FRAS. His subject for the evening will be 'Sir Arthur Eddington. The man who measured Gravity'.

If you or your members have not previously witnessed the 'Allan Chapman experience', it will be a great opportunity for them to listen to perhaps our most revered astronomical historian.

The venue for our event will be Hulley's at AstraZeneca Macclesfield, just outside the town centre. The building is very modern and provides all the necessary facilities for an excellent evening, including a licensed bar. Access to the venue is easy with ample free car parking nearby.

The date of Dr. Chapman's lecture will be Saturday, January 7th 2012, starting at 2000. Tickets are priced at £5.00. If you are a member of Macclesfield Astronomical Society, entry is free.

To make a reservation simply send an e-mail to myself at <[email protected]> or reply directly to this message, no later than January 2nd. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions, alternatively you will find all the necessary details including a location map at http://www.maccastro.com.

Finally, thank you for reading this e-mail, and for your support. I hope to see you on Saturday, 7th of January!

Best wishes

Andrew Greenwood

Chairman, Macclesfield Astronomical Society

That wouldn't be a bad talk, the only thing that might put a damper on it is the weather going over the Cat & Fiddle pass.