• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

New Hitchhikers Tonight

Ibbo

Shouldn't that be the 7th? 

Hitchhikers guide, life universe and everything, so long and thanks for the fish, restaurant at the end of the universe, mostly harmless and oh, and another thing.

Ahhh sorry Steve,  this one is based on oh and another thing. Thought I'd missed a book!

2 hours ago, Ibbo said:

I have not read the last one..........yet

I haven't read it in a while, but I do remember thinking that DA wouldn't of swore so much. Not a bad read.

• Like 2

its based on the Eoin Colfers book and brings back most of the original cast ( not Stephen Moore as Marvin the Paranoid android) 

Downloaded and listening with headphone in bed in the dark!! just like 40 years ago apart from the tent and being in the back garden but you get the gist  

Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I never knew there were books after the 4th when Arthur died.

Will 42 lead to an explanation of dark matter?

14 hours ago, Sunny Phil said:

Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I never knew there were books after the 4th when Arthur died.

Will 42 lead to an explanation of dark matter?

Sorry Phil there’s 6 books in total ?:facepalm:

Never read or listened to any of the Hitchhiker books. Same with all the Star Wars films, they completely passed me by like I was in a different universe. :o

I listened to HH as a kid on a pocket transistor radio with one of those crystal earpieces after I had been sent to bed. It was on at 23.00 if memory serves correctly.

Gonna be even more poignant as Stephen Hawking plays the voice of the guide 2.0 :(

37 minutes ago, Allan the Plumber said:

Gonna be even more poignant as Stephen Hawking plays the voice of the guide 2.0 :(

I wonder if they have already recorded it all.