• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

It's all my fault

bryand

I've just bought two new eyepieces and a Barlow, so that's guaranteed cloudy skies for at least the next week.

No matter how much you read of the specs, it's not until you get your hands on the thing that you realize how enormous it is:

s_both17s.jpg.ae9713421c8a2ba90e547f7bb1fab44c.jpg

The 17 mm Hyperion isn't redundant - the ES 92° LER replaces the 24 mm Hyperion.  And I wasn't prepared for its weight, either:

s_balance_points.jpg.a134450f9c5307f21f6d27ff1f29db8c.jpg

More info once I get something other than the local vegetation to focus it on.

Very nice eyepiece, looking forward to hearing what you think about the views. :thumbsup:

That is a 1.1 kg eyepiece with a massive eye lens and big eye relief! I'm sure the views will be very pleasant.

I think you will be very happy with that Bryan, others who have got them really rate their performance. I wouldn't worry about the cloud, it's been pants for weeks now.

I'd certainly like an ES92, but probably the 12mm version as I already have the 17mm Ethos. 

I think you'll find it a massive upgrade on the Hyperion. I had some Hyperions a while ago and was surprised at just how much I didn't like them. I had expected far more from them being Baader.

Edited by Tweedledee

Handling, or just wrestling with these weighty ep’s could help tone muscles and increase ones fitness, if we had the chance to use them four or five times a week! ?‍♂️?

if you spotted a buff looking person, it could be a fellow astro nut ??