• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Best RGB filters for CCD work.

Graham

Looking for your suggestions for a decent set of par focal RGB filters to go in front of my Atik 414 EX.

Thanks

That would depend on price really?  

Baader or astrodon I would think.  Astro don obviously are perhaps better. But worth the extra money I can’t say as I have never used baader ones

Thanks Sheila. 

I have a set of Baader filters here that I bought a few years ago and to be brutally honest they are so bad I wouldn't even give them away for free. 

Looking at the Astronomik ones as I use their nb filters but even the price of their's makes your eyes water. 

Just now, Ron Clarke said:

Did you say you're old filters were free Graham?? :D

Ron

Ron  I will have to get them out of the bin but if you want them then you are more than welcome to them.

Personally I think they are totally c**p.

Could be a starting point for me, if its no trouble I would appreciate it mate??

Let me know what you want plus postage?

Ron

Want for them :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:

Like I said I would not give them away so I will pay the postage to get them to you.

Dont blame me if you pull out what little hair you have left :lol:

I set them up in my rig and did a test run on M 51.

What a total waste of time.

I was so peed off with the result I removed them from the filter wheel and threw them in the bin.

PM sent Ron.