• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Melotte 111

Tweedledee

Wow! That is some set up. I am really pleased it worked out for you Pete, I am sure you are chuffed with it. :)

I agree that I am "most people" in that respect. The only telescopic 4 degree field of view I get is with my 80mm Startravel. 

I also like "snapping" it with my DSLR:

Melotte111Y18AprD03

Been waiting for a first light report after it all coming together! Very pleased for you Pete. Sounds ace! ??

2 hours ago, Smithysteve said:

Been waiting for a first light report after it all coming together! Very pleased for you Pete. Sounds ace! ??

Cheers Steve.

It was all down to Grahams brilliant lateral thinking and superb engineering of the 4" to 3" adapter that made it come together. The new adapter only adds another 2 to 3mm to the image train and allows the big eyepiece to focus with just 8.5mm of in-travel to spare!