• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Sad news..

Big Al

Have just heard that Alan Bean (LMP Apollo 12 and Cdr Skylab 3) has died. ? Also, of course, famed for his space art.

Alan

Its a hoax.  Had me going there.  I actually have one of his prints 'The Fantasy' hanging on my wall, 700 of 1000 signed by the whole crew in pencil.  Years ago my partner also bought me a large framed print of Bean on the moon, also signed by the whole crew.  I'm a big fan of 12.  

Any clarification on this? 

Earlier today on a google search, the Wikipedia listing showed his birth date and today's date for his death! After clicking through to the actual Wikipedia site, a death date wasn't shown. This seemed very odd and I wondered if something had been hacked. I couldn't find anything else showing he had died.

Cheers Dean. 

I hate this fake news stuff, it is just a waste of everyone's time and not nice for the people involved and their family.

Sad news wonderful artist too God speed Al Bean 4 man to walk on Luna 

So, there was a hoax yesterday 25th saying he'd died, and today NASA say he died on the 26th?? Lots of other websites saying he died today 26th.

Very odd. But sad.

Well well, I stand corrected... real shame, big admirer of his art work.  There was so little news coverage of it though.

That's the problem with the media now, you don't know who to trust and what is true. Even the BBC is not as impartial as it claims.

It may be someone close to the family misheard something and took it as fact, but I feel sorry for the family having to deal with this after their loss.

RIP.