• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Pole master

Bottletopburly

How big is the base on a polemaster ? Ie the base that fits into the adapter.

Here's my thinking if i get a polemaster adapter if it is a 2" fit or get adapter made i could use the 2" adapter that comes as standard with the 200p drill a hole in the side of adapter then use a right angled usb cable  use a compression adapter to hold my qhy5  then once my lens comes for the qhy then the camera will be mounted on the polar hole then either sharpcap or phd2 polar align ,just need to know how big the base of a polemaster is ,or how big the adapter is   

Polemaster alternative mount fixingPolemaster alternative mount fixingPolemaster alternative mount fixing

image.png

Hi David

the boss diameter on the base is 35.20 mm. The adaptor that stays on the mount is retained by 3 very small grub screws that are visible in the photo, the mounting boss is attached to the base of the camera as you can see.

Hope it helps, just pm me if you need further info

Alec

IMG_3060.JPG

Pole master dimensions.jpg

4 hours ago, Alec said:

Hi David

the boss diameter on the base is 35.20 mm. The adaptor that stays on the mount is retained by 3 very small grub screws that are visible in the photo, the mounting boss is attached to the base of the camera as you can see.

Hope it helps, just pm me if you need further info

Alec

IMG_3060.JPG

Pole master dimensions.jpg

Alec what is the diameter of the red piece that screws to the polemaster ,40mm is only screw centres im hoping it is 50mm 

Hi David the adaptor on the back of the camera bolts on via the 40mm pcd holes. 

The bit that is 35.2 is actually the boss dia 

6 minutes ago, Alec said:

Hi David the adaptor on the back of the camera bolts on via the 40mm pcd holes. 

The bit that is 35.2 is actually the boss dia 

yes but what is the overall dia of the part that screws on to polemaster i'm assuming it's more than 40 mm 

David it dos’nt screw on.  The adaptor attached to the back of the camera is retained by the 3 screws. This fits into the mount hole where the polar scope can be seen. Just looking back at your original post, not sure on PhD but this won’t work in Sharpcap. The camera will be fixed to the mount and Sharpcap requires a 90 degree rotation of the stars. 

In in the pole master software this is taken care of using 5 graphic circle points that you rotate on the screen not the mount 

21 minutes ago, Alec said:

David it dos’nt screw on.  The adaptor attached to the back of the camera is retained by the 3 screws. This fits into the mount hole where the polar scope can be seen. Just looking back at your original post, not sure on PhD but this won’t work in Sharpcap. The camera will be fixed to the mount and Sharpcap requires a 90 degree rotation of the stars. 

In in the pole master software this is taken care of using 5 graphic circle points that you rotate on the screen not the mount 

ok alec ,phd uses one star, but moves so that wouldn't work either cheers for looking