• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Snaps from fuerteventura

newtyng5

Sagittarius, Mars, Saturn.

Resized these, you could see more on the originals.

(taken with a mobile phone)

edit.jpg

edit1.jpg

• Like 2

Nice to see that Sagittarius teapot higher up in the sky than we get it. ?

Did you take binoculars there?

I love the Canaries but have only ever had a day trip to Fuerteventura. Took the ferry from Lanzarote and had a drive round the north of the island.

https://imgur.com/mdNGyEw

T7epki0.jpgT7epki0.jpgWR3xktm.jpgmdNGyEw.jpg

hosted, hopefully look better, yea took bins, wow omega centauri is huge! , lagoon nebula looks amazing

Yea went on the ferry as well. (click on the photos , better than the others > not bad from a mobile phone)

1Dy4oWU.jpg

u6b1wvN.jpg

Let me know if these actually work :)

Edited by newtyng5

We went there years ago and I saw the scorpion's tail, one of the few times I've seen it from the northern hemisphere. I didn't have a digital camera at the time.

Sagittarius and Scorpio are a sight to behold.

Come August time they are at a decent altitude and the Milky Way looks majestic in between them from a dark site.

Thats the problem : not that many dark sites around the islands shorelines. You have to climb.

Not bad images from a cellphone. You've captured Saturn going above Sagittarius, and is it Mars to the east

or perhaps the bright star Fomalhaut ? I think Mars....

Nice to see what doable with a smartphone in the Canaries, as I'm off to Lanzarote next month with the same idea. No room for my DSLR and tracker, sadly.

What smartphone did you use, If I may be so nosey? I'm planning/hoping to stack some 10s RAW shots on my Android.

Hi kev. I used on huawei honor 7 (it has a night sky mode). My contract was up last wekk, so i now have the honor 10 (ready for my next time). 

@binoviewer, i think u can see it on one pic. As you can even see the glob near antares on one of the pics. 

No, i was wondering if you'd gone on the hunt for Omega Cent as well.

Its not in Scorpio, or Sagittarius, but further south in Centaurus.

Maybe you couldn't see it or it was perhaps lost, closer to the horizon ?

On ‎31‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 22:43, newtyng5 said:

yea took bins, wow omega centauri is huge!

Hi Bino, yea we saw Omega Centauri unaided, and in binoculars. Would love to see it in a scope, it must be amazing. Far bigger than M13.

• Like 1