• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Tyneside break

Tweedledee

Angel in 50+ mph winds yesterday afternoon, it was shaking a bit. Good job it's designed to take more than 100mph. ?

Quayside Newcastle at sunset last night.

20180614_145956-2016x1512s.jpg?raw=1

20180614_212117-2016x1512s.jpg?raw=1

20180614_212141-2016x1512s.jpg?raw=1

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Smithysteve said:

Are you going to the great northern exhibition Pete?

A small part of the Great Northern Exhibition was at Northumbria Uni where my daughter was exhibiting her Architecture degree work. She starts work for an architectural practice in Newcastle shortly, just for a year then back to Uni for another 3 years to become chartered.

1 hour ago, Ron Clarke said:

One of my favourite places, daughter lives in Gateshead..

We've only been discovering Newcastle and Norhumberland for the last 3 years since my daughter came to Uni here. We think it is a lovely place. 

IMG_1073001.jpg?raw=1

39 minutes ago, Ron Clarke said:

And great people !

Very friendly and helpful. ?

Geordie's are great fun, I can't understand them when they get excited, but a good bunch.

Your daughter doesn't seem to have adopted the short black dress, which is the normal winter attire of the Geordie lasses. ? 

2 hours ago, Graham said:

I love Newcastle

Did a job up there and had the time of my life.

Bet you liked all the massive steel bridges and big nautical ironworks etc. I was looking at the bearings on the Millenium tilting bridge, reminded me of your heavy metal project. Those bearings where anchored down using M100 nuts! ?

50 minutes ago, BAZ said:

Geordie's are great fun, I can't understand them when they get excited, but a good bunch.

Your daughter doesn't seem to have adopted the short black dress, which is the normal winter attire of the Geordie lasses. ? 

I know what you mean, her boyfriend of over 2 years now is a Geordie. He's a real nice lad, but can be a bit unintelligable when excited. ?

I'm sure she has a short black dress, or two. All her dresses are short, but she was exhibiting to proud parents and prospective future employers, so I think she was suitably dressed last night. They all celebrated afterwards till 3am. ?

I'm over the moon today. ?

Daughter got first class honours in architecture. ? Apparently very few get a first in that subject.

All that money funding her through uni and buying and running the kids cars has seriously restricted my astro budget. Could have got me a 40" dob by now, but this result makes it all worthwhile. She's got a job with an architect in Newcastle for a year and then goes back for 3 years to become chartered. ???