• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Pier / Obs Shed update

Alec

Managed to clear the area no easy task , as I had 8 conifers to remove. The garden looks like a bombs hit it atm. Pier cemented in and its bang on the level. The decking has been build around the pier with clearance to avoid any vibration through the floor. Have some nice red led lights to countersink into the decking front.  Project will be on hold till the cedar wood shed turns up, frustrating 3 week wait I want to crack on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_3120.JPG

IMG_3121.JPG

IMG_3122.JPG

• Like 4

Very neat. ?

If you have decided to fill the pier with kiln dried sand, don't let it get wet. It works far better being dry, which is why you need the proper stuff.

19 minutes ago, Tweedledee said:

Very neat. ?

If you have decided to fill the pier with kiln dried sand, don't let it get wet. It works far better being dry, which is why you need the proper stuff.

I will be filling the pier with kiln sand, and have machined a plug to go in the top of the pier to keep it dry ?

2 minutes ago, Alec said:

I will be filling the pier with kiln sand, and have machined a plug to go in the top of the pier to keep it dry ?

You're obviously three steps ahead. ?

1 minute ago, Tweedledee said:

You're obviously three steps ahead. ?

LOL  I have thought this through a lot. Hopefully I've not missed anything ?

Looking really good Alec, BTW there's always something you never thought of! ?

Cheers

Ron