• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Pier is finished

Alec

Looking great! The shed will be up in no time! Are the neighbours trees a problem?

Not really I've still some tree to cut down on my side of the property. I have really a good view of the sky North/ South and East. The tree would come in play in a west direction. 

Thx 

looking clear tonight so will polar align. I used my machine spirit level on it. More than 10 years of installing machinery came in useful the levels are bang on less than a division being 0.001 over 1000mm think that’s good enough !!!!!!

Looking good Alec, not quite sure how your shed will roll on and off though??

Cheers

Ron

Ah you see. On the original post I showed some "Roller Track" that is rated to carry up to 500Kg, Ive some pads made that will lift the shed when weighted to a few mm off the decking enabling the whole shed to roll forward to cover the scope  for viewing, roll back to stop to expose the pier. Will post a video once its all done !!!!!

That's a tidy solution to a problem there Alec, it looks really good. That should save you some time when cloud dodging.

49 minutes ago, Alec said:

Being neat and tidy is the only way the wife would agree! 

In my experience, wives seem to have a surprisingly large amount of input and influence regarding astro projects. ?

Oh yes when Graham advertised his dome  it was a instant fat NO, but ok with a shed or summer house !