• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

"Kids"

Just wondering. How many of you out there have kids and have they followed your passion for astronomy?

In my case, I have one (grown up) daughter but she is not interested in astronomy.

My 10 year old daughter was when she was a bit younger, and still shows an interest but not as much as my 4 year old soon who's space mad at the moment.

My 17 year old son and 21 year old daughter both have a good knowledge of and an interest in science and maths which was probably initially sparked from my own interest. My daughter went on holiday to Spain and bought "How to teach relativity to your dog" at the airport bookshop! My son was sitting out in the sunny garden today reading my book "Grand Design" by Stephen Hawking and Leonard Mlodinow. Neither of them are particularly fussed about astronomy, but with have look through my scopes now and then.

On 25/06/2018 at 19:03, Tweedledee said:

My 17 year old son and 21 year old daughter both have a good knowledge of and an interest in science and maths which was probably initially sparked from my own interest. My daughter went on holiday to Spain and bought "How to teach relativity to your dog" at the airport bookshop! My son was sitting out in the sunny garden today reading my book "Grand Design" by Stephen Hawking and Leonard Mlodinow. Neither of them are particularly fussed about astronomy, but with have look through my scopes now and then.

I tried to teach relativity to my dogs but they are both flat-earthers.