• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

M13 Tester

RonC

M13260618small.jpg.2df4d8e7bc6b91666315fe95ab701c28.jpgPractising using the focus controls on APT last night and a quick 30 x 2 min mono (unguided) + some flats.

Quite pleased with that!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ron Clarke said:

M13260618small.jpg.2df4d8e7bc6b91666315fe95ab701c28.jpgPractising using the focus controls on APT last night and a quick 30 x 2 min mono (unguided) + some flats.

Quite pleased with that!

Have you tried the plate solving in APT ron , i highly recommend and the goto ++ is better ,takes a bit of setting up but well worth the effort ,did you use the bahtinov aid ron ?

Not used the platesolve or goto yet, I used the bahtinov  grabber last night. I use the SW WiFi for the goto it's very accurate!! 

Ron

once set up the goto++ can put the target smack bang in centre of target ,still playing with it ,once i get the damn mount guiding but definitely worth the effort of getting it set up, info on APT forum 

Nice little galaxy coming through at the top right Ron.