• Join the East Midlands Stargazers astronomy community today!

Test

bryand

Perseids Party at Tannenbaum, August 11th/12th?

bryand
43 minutes ago, Wetfeet said:

Thanks Bryan, I was looking at the photos of the site and trying to work out where would be best. Hopefully we'll be able to find each other over the weekend,  I would like to accept your kind barbeque offer on Saturday evening if it still stands. I've got a green car,  a blue tent and a black dog if that helps 😀

Green tent, red car and binoculars on a tripod.

See you there!

seven_legs

You don’t need to pay to go on the site do you? I mean just for a few hours?

As Tony's said, tonight's looking like the best night of the weekend. Any takers? I sadly can't do Saturday or Sunday. 

seven_legs

Thanks martyn.

weather app now saying clear all night now. So myself and rob will be there tonight 

newtyng5

We will be there at around 8.45. Is there any special directives we need to know. Such as we need to keep to the left side of the field? 

24 minutes ago, newtyng5 said:

We will be there at around 8.45. Is there any special directives we need to know. Such as we need to keep to the left side of the field? 

Nothing I'm aware of.

I'll be there around 8:30ish at the far end, same as last time. A good distance from the road and obviously away from any campers, if possible. 

seven_legs

Are people taking scopes or just watching the meteors? Wonder whether to take my scope or not. More than likely I will. But will mainly watch the meteors 

tuckstar
1 hour ago, newtyng5 said:

Just watch out for the old telegraph pole in the middle of the field.

I'm primarily imaging, but currently undecided on packing the dob too.

I doubt it though.

Wetfeet

I'm bringing scope and binos,  all in the car ready. Massive thunderstorm in Lincoln at the moment. 

tuckstar

Can't make tonight. Not sure what the penalty is for going stargazing on your wedding aniversary, but I bet it's painful. Going kelling on the wife's 40th birthday has already cost me a trip to disney world next year!!

Craig
2 hours ago, tuckstar said:

Not sure what the penalty is for going stargazing on your wedding aniversary, but I bet it's painful.

You've done it wrong. You should have said to your wife "Darling, on our anniversary I will take you to a place where you can wish upon a shooting star". And then driven to the campsite. 🤣

tuckstar
3 hours ago, Craig said:

You've done it wrong. You should have said to your wife "Darling, on our anniversary I will take you to a place where you can wish upon a shooting star".

How do you think I got her to marry me in the first place, once bitten twice shy!!

Edited by tuckstar

Daz Type-R

Good luck tonight chaps, shame I can’t be there but have an awesome view right down to the horizon here in Devon.

Wetfeet

It's cleared up a treat here Daz,  bank of cloud low on the north west horizon,  other than that all clear. Just waiting for full darkness. 

Derbyshire Dave

At the Cropredy festival tonight, music good and Sky is amazing, planets really prominent.

Hope its great n Derbyshire, see you Sunday...

Well, I had a great night.

Milky way was in full view, north to south and barely a cloud in sight. 

Got some serious head scratching to do, trying to figure out the best way of stacking and stitching my RAW panorama images.

Kev.

bryand

A bit blowy overnight, but no harm done.  I’m staying on tonight if anyone wants to brave the weather later on.

djpaul
On 06/08/2018 at 22:00, Doc said:

Sometimes I wonder why I bother with this hobby ☹️

Same feeling here mate.

Cloudy and very wet all weekend. 😠