• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

EMS LOAN SCOPE.

BAZ

Of course it would. I'll bring it Friday.

There are other items with it kindly donated by Pete and Daz, so it's just needing some clear skies.

See ya Friday.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Doc

• BAZ

• Daz Type-R

• Johnnyaardvark

• 4 weeks later...

Joan the loan scope is free and ready to move on. Thank you for the loan, it's been very helpful. :)

What EPs does it have, I can donate my 10mm and 25mm that came with my scope as I never use them

That would be great Eddy, just bring them along to the next meeting or observing session.

Who has the scope at the moment?

Could I borrow the scope so that I can get idea of what I need etc thanks

Martyn is in charge of the loan scope, I'm sure he will see this later on today and be in touch.

As for what it has, it has a few eps, a Barlow, a moon filter and a few books/charts.

A perfect starter scope.

Martyn will give us a full break down.

I have to be honest and say I can't remember what eyepieces are with it.

I think there is a 10mm, 26mm and a 4mm with it. There is a 2x Barlow, a Cambridge Star Atlas, a Moon filter and another 4.8mm eyepiece waiting to join it all.

The scope is a Celestron 114mm, on a small EQ mount. It's got quite nice optics for it's size, and will give you some nice views of the brighter objects and stars.

All equipment has been kindly donated by members of EMS.

At the moment Cazz and Wayne have it, but are finished with it.

I will collect it off them next time we meet at Belper, and drop it in for you and show you how to set it up.

Drop me a PM with you address and a contact number.

Cheers Baz.

• 7 months later...
Guest clare louise

wow that's very kind. As ive said on my post im new and have a 6yr old whos really into the planets and stars atm. as we have only got him the nat geographic basic telescope for Christmas I would love to take the opportunity to come along to a meet and have the opportunity to be shown how to use a far better scope and to give my son the chance to use his and see through a better one too. could help me talk my hubby into investing in a better scope for William if hes really into it after having a go. could help decide if he would get bored easily or would peak his curiosity. Could help us to maybe see whats available as its all a bit overwhelming looking esp on a budget.

If you are looking for a scope to suit William, this would be ideal, not only for him to operate, but for it's cost. Don't think it's just a kids scope, OK, it was designed with kids in mind, but it is a capable little scope.

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/dobsonians/skywatcher-heritage-76-mini-dobsonian.html

We have seen a astronomer picking out faint NGC galaxies with one of these, (MD Stuart) to prove that you don't need expensive gear to see things. My wife has one, and it's easily good enough to see the moons of Jupiter and show some great craters on the moon.

We are only round the corner, pop in and have a chat!

Hi Claire, I'm also in Hucknall so like Martyn says, you are free to pop round any time.

We are only round the corner, poop in and have a chat!

Or "pop" in to have a chat with Baz ;) Lol!

• 8 months later...
Guest beewolf

Just been round to see Dave (Rock Doctor) to look at his scope and have got the bug back.  Is there any chance of borrowing the loan scope to let the kids have a look through while we decide what is the best option for us?

Many thanks

Gavin

Gavin, you might not get a quick reply tonight as they are all going to Belper for the quarterly meet; don't think they are ignoring you.

James

just a note Mick, i think phil marriot has finished with the dob loan scope as he has bought a newt on a eq mount now, don`t know if he has returned it yet or not but i can give him a nudge if Gavin wants to borrow that

hi Doc, I cant seem to pick up any pms?

I believe you need 20 posts before you gain access to private messaging :)

The scope is being used by Phil Marriot at the moment, but it's due back next week, I've sent him a PM and if he agrees and so do you, why don't you by pass me and pick it up direct for Phil, he lives pretty close to me anyway so it wouldn't be out your way.

Guest beewolf

That would be brilliant - let me know when he replies or get him to contact me direct - in the meantime I will do my best to get to 20 posts!

Hi Gavin

i have a skywatcher 130 with tripod, eps, red dot finder & finder scope in my garage that is not being used that you can borrow if the loan scope isn't available.  

Nice offer to a new member Doug - many thanks! This is just what the spirit of EMS is all about - credit to you. :thumbsup: