• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

EMS LOAN SCOPE.

BAZ

Guest beewolf

Hi Doug, that really is an incredibly generous offer and If you are really sure I may take you up on it just so someone else can use the ems scope in the meantime - there seem to be quite a few beginners on here!.

I am not certain whether my pms are activated yet or not - they look as if they work but I'm not convinced anything happens. I will send you a pm now to try.

Many thanks again.

Gavin

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Doc

• BAZ

• Daz Type-R

• Tweedledee

Top Posters In This Topic

Gavin - let me know if your pm's aren't working by the time you have 20 posts and I'll get it looked into for you.  :)

• 1 month later...

Looks like I may have the loan of a scope at some point but it is short of ep's.

Wonderful that there is the possibility of a loan scope amongst the group. The generally friendliness and welcoming nature to encourage people to get involved is pretty amazing!

So, don't know quite how this works but have been wondering if the loan scope is at all available or are there any "loan eyepieces" around? :) I am looking for 1.25" ones preferably a range of about 3 if at all possible. This may be short term e.g. at a meet at Belper for example, but would be interested to know what may be possible.

Even more ideal, I would also like to try out my camera. Anyone likely to be going to a meeting somewhere who happens to have a Nikon adapter?

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Steve

The 8"  dob should have a set of eyepieces with it. Is it this one your asking to borrow?

The loan scope checklist in the Darksite section has the itinery

Loan Scope Check List

- 1 off Skywatcher 200p Optical Tube assembly complete with dual speed focuser and carry bag

- 1 off Tube end black plastic dust cap

- 1 off Skywatcher Dob Base complete with handle, eyepiece shelf

- 3 off plastic base levelling feet (black plastic shed levelling legs)

- 2 off Tension Control Handles

- 1 off 9 x 50 Skywatcher straight through Finder scope plus bracket

- 1 off Kendrick Flexible Dew Shield

- 1 off 25mm Eyepiece

- 1 off 20mm Eyepiece

- 1 off 10mm Eyepiece

- 1 off 2x Barlow Lens (Celestron)

If there are any missing we need to know and put out an APB so whoever has the scope at the moment needs to get in touch if anything is missing please

There is actually a waiting list for the 8" dob.

The next free date will be towards the end of March.

As far as I know and I've not been informed otherwise the eyepieces or still with the 8" dob.

Hi Steve

The 8"  dob should have a set of eyepieces with it. Is it this one your asking to borrow?

The loan scope checklist in the Darksite section has the itinery

Loan Scope Check List

- 1 off Skywatcher 200p Optical Tube assembly complete with dual speed focuser and carry bag

- 1 off Tube end black plastic dust cap

- 1 off Skywatcher Dob Base complete with handle, eyepiece shelf

- 3 off plastic base levelling feet (black plastic shed levelling legs)

- 2 off Tension Control Handles

- 1 off 9 x 50 Skywatcher straight through Finder scope plus bracket

- 1 off Kendrick Flexible Dew Shield

- 1 off 25mm Eyepiece

- 1 off 20mm Eyepiece

- 1 off 10mm Eyepiece

- 1 off 2x Barlow Lens (Celestron)

If there are any missing we need to know and put out an APB so whoever has the scope at the moment needs to get in touch if anything is missing please

Hi, I'm due to pick this one up some time after the 1st Feb to give it a try.

I'll check the inventory then and get back to you guys.

Cheers,

Ade

Hi all.

Yes, one option may be that I am added to the loan scope waiting list. Especially if it's the 200p dob as it is a scope I am interested in buying (the pds version)

Just eye pieces would be great too however as one of your members has kindly offered to loan me an older version of the sw 80ed but there are no eye pieces. Hence this query... maybe I should have posted this request elsewhere but since I have no telescope wondered if the loan scope would be an option.

Thanks for the replies.

Steve

Jeeves, I have some things referred to as eye pieces by those of the visual persuasion that you are welcome to borrow if you do borrow Steve's ED80 :)

Guest beewolf

Just to say a big thank-you to everyone involved with the EMS loan scope. I have just passed the 8" scope on after having it for about 5 weeks and it has really allowed us to work out what was the best scope for us to get.

I would definitely recommend that anyone considering getting a scope of their own takes advantage of this fantastic facility before doing so.

Just to say a big thank-you to everyone involved with the EMS loan scope. I have just passed the 8" scope on after having it for about 5 weeks and it has really allowed us to work out what was the best scope for us to get.

I would definitely recommend that anyone considering getting a scope of their own takes advantage of this fantastic facility before doing so.

EMS is definitely an asset to the hobby, both for help and the loan scopes for us beginners.

Loan 200P Dob now safely at Evington, but no Barlow with it.  (was not there when Beewolf took over the loan)

Will keep you posted how I get on, but looking good so far especially the modified dual speed focuser.

Many Thanks

Ade.

I've made a note of the missing 10mm and barlow.

I will try and get one sorted.

Hope you enjoy the scope Adrian.

I still have the SW 10mm that came with my scope, your welcome to that.

That would be great Darren, thanks very much.

• 2 months later...
Guest heavensabove

Good morning all. I have had the Celestron 114 loan scope for a number of weeks and am now ready to pass it on to some other lucky newby. I say 'lucky' because that's what he or she will be. Where else could somebody new to astronomy borrow a telescope for six weeks? It has really helped me to decide what sort of scope I want to buy and I've had great fun with it. Unfortunately, the weather hasn't been too kind but I've had enough chances to try it out. Now I will be hoping for better weather so I can finally get to a dark site meeting!  :thumbsup:

Hi Alan you will be hearing from the member of staff whose in charge of the Celestron 114 scope very soon.

Guest StevenWhatley

I have a 1.25"  6mm Celestron Plossl eyepiece that can go into the EMS Loan Dept. Just let me know where to post it too. :)

Guest Tweedledum

Mick,

Voluntered  25mm and 10mm eps for the loan stock a while ago but there heasn't been an opportunity to do a handover. If you pm me an address I'll post on.

I have a 1.25"  6mm Celestron Plossl eyepiece that can go into the EMS Loan Dept. Just let me know where to post it too. :)

Thanks Steven that is very kind of you, I'll get the member of staff who is in charge of the Celestron scope to contact you with details of where you can post the eyepiece.

Mick,

Voluntered  25mm and 10mm eps for the loan stock a while ago but there heasn't been an opportunity to do a handover. If you pm me an address I'll post on.

Thanks Damian for the very kind offer, the dobsonian needs a 10mm and I'm sure we can find a place for the 25mm eyepiece.

If you could post them to me, I'll sort it out.

I'll PM you my address.

Once again thanks.

Guest heavensabove

Hi Alan you will be hearing from the member of staff whose in charge of the Celestron 114 scope very soon.

Absolutely no rush, Mick. I am quite happy to keep it until somebody else wants to borrow it. I will set it up and hope for clear skies.

PM'd you