• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Kelling 2019 23rd September to 30th September 2019

Sheila

Well its that time of year again.  Above are the dates of Kelling 2019, I have listed below the pitches and who they belong to.

Can you please let me know when you have booked.  Apparently you can either book by phone from the 1st September or

you can book when you get there.  I will be sending PM's to folks with their booking reference, please make a note and take it with you

to Kelling

IT IS VERY IMPORTANT YOU LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU HAVE BOOKED FOR NEXT YEAR.  ALSO  DO NOT GIVE UP YOUR PITCH TO KELLING

IF YOU ARE NOT GOING.  LET ME KNOW AND I CAN THEN ARRANGE FOR SOMEONE ELSE WHO MAY BE WAITING TO HAVE IT OR MOVE SOMEONE TO A BETTER PITCH FOR THEM

Please start a separate thread for any discussions etc so as not to confuse this one as its just to show who has booked.   Thanks

222     Sheila                    BOOKED

223     Kheldar                 BOOKED

224     Daz                       BOOKED

225     Mike                      BOOKED

226     C Golder                 BOOKED    

227     Graham                  BOOKED               

228     Stephen.                 BOOKED       

229     Rusty Strings          BOOKED

230     TasKing                 BOOKED

231     Bino-Viewer /ibbo          BOOKED

234     Dennis                    BOOKED        

235     Tony  G4SJI            BOOKED

236     Teslar                     BOOKED

237     Allan the Plumber     BOOKED

238     Dave JW.                BOOKED

239     Geezanova              BOOKED

240     Ron                        BOOKED         

241     Baz                        BOOKED

We are now all booked up and full for our pitches at kelling.  If you do wish to go please contact Kelling Heath direct and see

if they have anything left at all.

Hope you can all make it again

Sheila

Edited by Sheila
  • Like 2

Can those who have not confirmed to me they are going next year let me know.  As we may have others waiting for pitches

Thanks

Sheila

Edited by Sheila

2019 should be good for me as I’ll be retired later this year. More free time to attend events ? so if a pitch is available prepare yourself for the return of the  blue flash. ?

Edited by Teslar

3 hours ago, Teslar said:

2019 should be good for me as I’ll be retired later this year. More free time to attend events ? so if a pitch is available prepare yourself for the return of the  blue flash. ?

Will keep you in mind if anyone drops out, there is a pitch i think its 232 but its not a good one for trees, so we will

wait and see.

Sheila

just to say have tried to book for next year gave the reference but been told cant boo till Thursday ( go figure?) well all being well will be there Thursday will book in person

8 minutes ago, Sheila said:

Well Rusty STrings has already booked so usual Kelling organisation 

They couldn't organise a star party in a dark field ( best analogy for piss up in a brewery i could come up with )? 

• Haha 2

I have tried to remember all the folks who told me they had booked at kelling.  Please check the list and tell me ASAP if you have booked your pitch

and I have not remembered to put booked against your name  LOL  I already have a waiting list for pitches so its essential now you let me know you have booked so I dont give out the booking reference to someone else 

Sheila

Edited by Sheila

Not been on here for a loooong time....but I have managed to get on the red field...what's the blue field like? I've never made it to Kelling yet.

Red Field is probably the best astro field  if at the top but can be windy, it depends where you are.  We take the blue field as its not as good as there are more trees, but we can

get a lot of pitches together there as no one else fights us for them

Not really sure what my pitch is like, I have never been. It's red 440 if anyone knows it? There are a lot of pitches left on the blue field, lady gave me the numbers of all available pitches this morning

Be very careful on the blue field as quite a few pitches have too many trees.  We have all the centre pitches for EMS folks that go each year... 222-241

Your pitch is just a little way up the road from the blue field, not really familiar with that part as it is right at the very bottom of the red field, you may

have some trees i dont really know.  Someone else might on here

Sheila

440's not too bad - you have high trees to the West (behind pitches on opposite side of the track) but smaller ones to the South and East (across the road behind the bushes) - but at least you aren't directly under them. If I was on that section them I'd want to be on any of 438, 439, and 440. Hth ?

1 hour ago, Brantuk said:

440's not too bad - you have high trees to the West (behind pitches on opposite side of the track) but smaller ones to the South and East (across the road behind the bushes) - but at least you aren't directly under them. If I was on that section them I'd want to be on any of 438, 439, and 440. Hth ?

Ahh thanks Kim :) I gathered it wouldn't be a great pitch by the fact it was still available....but I will still have sky to look at. I am just happy to be going to my first ever star party :) This morning on red field there was 413, 416, 418, 423, 439 and my pitch 440 left. 6 spots left on yellow field and 21 left on blue. 

I have now opted out for Kelling 2019, and am concentrating on EMS 5 for autumn next year instead.

(Pitch # 236)

10 hours ago, Bino-viewer said:

I have now opted out for Kelling 2019, and am concentrating on EMS 5 for autumn next year instead.

(Pitch # 236)

It will already be filled as I have a waiting list for pitches ☺️  Just checking with the person who asked first for a pitch

Edited by Sheila
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Blue 240 booked and paid for, for 2019...?

Edited by Ron Clarke
Punctuation!