• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

RUTLAND WATER BIRDING MEET on the 9.6.2012

Rutland Water Birding Meet

Rutland Water is home to the first Ospreys to breed in England for 150 years, come and join Ron and myself at Rutland Water Nature Reserve to see these magnificent birds!

The address is:

Anglian Water Birdwatching Centre

Egleton

Rutland

LE15 8BT

We are meeting in the car park at Egleton on Saturday 9th June at 10.00 AM.

Prices are:

Adults £5.50

Junior £3.20

Family £15.00

Do not forget your binoculars, spotting scopes & cameras and of course refreshments.

Home page:

Webcam can be seen here:

Map of the area:

This is after my holiday so I may be skint, but if I am not I will be there. I have always fancied going to this place.

It's just after my holiday too Craig but it's well worth a visit!!

I'm a possible for this at the moment. Never seen an Osprey so will get if I can.

Hopefully the Osprey eggs will have hatched by then, meaning the adult's will be out and about fishing and feeding their offspring. This will be the best time to see these 'fish-eagles' at their best!!

First Osprey eggs due to hatch Wednesday 23 May, keep an eye on the website with live nest webcam!

• 3 weeks later...

Just a reminder to all, next Saturday morning at Rutland Water.

2 new Osprey chicks to see (SCTV) Busy parents feeding them, ( 2 large Pike this week already filmed!)

Should be a great day out!!

Weather looks set to improve for Saturday morning, be interesting to see the water levels there?

What a great day, a big thankyou to Ron for showing us around. The Ospreys were fantastic and Phil, they both flew soon after you left, we said they would.

Our next meet will be at Gibralter Point.

Would have gone with you but I'm meeting my brother there in the week

Glad you had a good day

Thanks Ron & Mick for an enjoyable day Fliss and I enjoyed it. I now know how to recognize a few more of our feathered friends and the Ospreys were magnificent. When we got back to the visitor centre the video was showing the female feeding the chicks so I thought we had missed the action but it turned out to be a replay from earlier

Thanks again

You're more than welcome Phil, we did'nt see the male Osprey return but had great views of the female when she left the nest and flew around in front of us! A good day's birding, glad you enjoyed it!!

Ron

Edited by Ron Clarke