• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

I’ve gone hyper(star)??

Chris P.

I have just read about them, they do promise a lot. It's going to be amazing if it does what it says on the tin. That's why it's gone cloudy then. ? 

2 hours ago, Bottletopburly said:

28x faster sounds very impressive 

thats what the blurb says....proof of the pudding, however........!

14 hours ago, BAZ said:

I have just read about them, they do promise a lot. It's going to be amazing if it does what it says on the tin. That's why it's gone cloudy then. ? 

Aww shucks.........I did order it well before you guys headed off to Kelling......not my fault, honest!

Well....it fits!

well.....it fits at least.... I now have a x28 faster exposure of my shed roof and a minor heart attack removing the secondary mirror. What I now have is a 390mm focal length scope operating at f1.9 - again, according to the blurb

Edited by Chris P.
  • Like 3

I really think you have to give Celestron the thumbs up here.

From what i can see they are one of the few scope manufactures, if not the only ones developing

systems like the Hyperstar, and introducing the RASA imaging scopes for the masses.

They are bringing out an 8" RASA very soon to go with the 11" which looks very interesting

as they have completely redesigned the focuser.

Imaging at F2 with an 8" aperture sounds very compelling, especially with a OSC type camera.

Really looking forward to seeing your results Chris.

Good luck with the new set up.

Edited by Bino-viewer
  • Like 2

On 08/09/2018 at 17:49, Bino-viewer said:

I really think you have to give Celestron the thumbs up here.

From what i can see they are one of the few scope manufactures, if not the only ones developing

systems like the Hyperstar, and introducing the RASA imaging scopes for the masses.

They are bringing out an 8" RASA very soon to go with the 11" which looks very interesting

as they have completely redesigned the focuser.

Imaging at F2 with an 8" aperture sounds very compelling, especially with a OSC type camera.

Really looking forward to seeing your results Chris.

Good luck with the new set up.

Thanks - that was my thinking with OSC too. Time is a factor in this hobby, especially in cloudy Blighty - I know there are compromises too - focusing in critical at f2; but I’ve seen some results and they look incredible so I’m giving it a go ??

• 2 weeks later...

looking forward to the results too, especially as your seeing conditions will be the same as mine as i`m in Sandiacre, i`ve been loking at the new 8" RASA too, looks interesting if the price is right, only thing that worries me is filter swaps, hope it`s not going to be a pain focusing again.