• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

The Milky Way Rising

Peter Shah

16 minutes ago, Graham said:

That's awesome. 

Be seeing it for real when I go back again in a few weeks. 

Not jealous at all....really not....honest! ?

30 minutes ago, Sheila said:

very nice....  how did you do that one ?

My camera is a Sony A7s fitted with a Canon 20mm at F5.6, ISO 51000. Exposure times were 20s for each frame 3x20s per panel 10x panels. All frames were dark calibrated stacked in Deepsky Stacker and each panel stacked then stitched with Microsoft ICE and processed in Photoshop and Lightroom ? Its a massive image

Edited by Peter Shah

2 minutes ago, Sheila said:

think that might be beyond me then ?☺️

No Sheila its much more simple than imaging deeps sky with a scope. Just stick to the rules and you will be fine. Once you have the data take it one step at a time. There was no tracking involved just a fixed tripod.

3 minutes ago, Peter Shah said:

No Sheila its much more simple than imaging deeps sky with a scope. Just stick to the rules and you will be fine. Once you have the data take it one step at a time. There was no tracking involved just a fixed tripod.

might try it some time when i am feeling brave ?