• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

A bit of gardening.

BAZ

Spurred on by Ron's efforts at making his garden look tidy, I thought that a tree to my southern horizon would benefit from a bit of light pruning. 

So, having gathered the correct tools, serviced them, got my PPE out and having done a dynamic risk assessment, I started on this tree.

2018-09-29%2007.53.39.jpg?raw=1

I think you will agree, that's better!

2018-09-29%2012.09.54.jpg?raw=1

• Like 4

Strangely, no. I was trying to avoid it crushing the neighbours fence, which is right next to it. I like the sound of a well running chainsaw too, but don't get to use it too often. I might take out a tree which is smaller on the other side of the garden, but i'll have a chat with the neighbour just in case they like it.

21 minutes ago, DaveJW said:

Good work Martyn! I've got a bit of pruning to do too, but I've got to get the fence finished first.

If your pruning is really a bit of tree felling, just be careful it doesn't demolish your newly finished fence. ?

1 minute ago, Tweedledee said:

If your pruning is really a bit of tree felling, just be careful it doesn't demolish your newly finished fence. ?

It's not near the fence I'm working on now, but there is plenty of jepardy involved anyway.

That's the easy bit taking it down, I now have to get rid of it, it is amazing how much there is up there. 

I have been out since nine this morning and only managed to get through about a third of the brush that is in the garden. Me Lidl shredder is definitely worth the money, it's been going none stop since ten. As the tree is very resinous, it's been jamming up, but a spray with silicon release agent has done the trick. Beer o' clock has just struck!

This is about how much got shredded, there's still a pile twice that size left.

2018-09-29%2009.54.42.jpg?raw=1