• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Ngc 7789 in RGB

Peter Shah

That is a special cluster though, one of my favourites. Caroline's Rose discovered by Caroline Herschel. I've seen it many times visually in various scopes. Love your image of it. ?

38 minutes ago, Peter Shah said:

Thank you Pete, It is rather a lovely object

Not to detract in any way from your superb image, but one of the reasons I enjoy looking at star clusters so much is that in a big dob on a clear night, they can show up in the eyepiece with very similar clarity to ccd images. Sadly, this is not the case with nebulae.

I hope we see more images of clusters on EMS as I, and I'm sure others enjoy seeing them almost as much as pretty coloured nebulae and it would certainly be a nice change.

Also, I would have thought that clusters don't usually require quite so much time consuming data and need a bit less processing time than nebulae. I see Ron Clarke has also imaged some nice clusters recently. There are so many clusters around that seem to get overlooked.

Can I have some more please? ?

• Like 2

Lovely image Pete ?

I see its in Cassiopeia. I don't think its one i've looked at : i will have to chase it down....

There's some lovely star colours in there as well and as Pete say's, much under rated objects. 

It's nice just looking through these to see if any faint fuzzies are lurking behind them. 

Agree with the above comments about clusters. 

Really lovely image, nice colours and pin sharp.

Great Stuff ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bino-viewer said:

Lovely image Pete ?

I see its in Cassiopeia. I don't think its one i've looked at : i will have to chase it down....

Its one of those overlooked object being so close to the bubble, pac man and wizard. Worth doing and as Pete says its a beautiful visual object too

3 hours ago, Tweedledee said:

Also, I would have thought that clusters don't usually require quite so much time consuming data and need a bit less processing time than nebulae.

Can I have some more please? ?

Perfect objects to do with bright moon situations...so much more forgiving