• Join the East Midlands Stargazers astronomy community today!

Test

Tannenbaum Wednesday 10th

I have plans tonight, but tomorrow also looks quite favourable so I'm going to be heading down sometime after about 9-ish tomorrow, for a couple of hours imaging (if the site is available). Anyone interested? 

Mods can you clear it with Sharon again please?

Thanks, 

Kev

Sheila

you may be better to PM Daz as he will then perhaps look at it, as he will receive a message that he has a PM?

seven_legs

Its not looking very good on the bbc weather app. 

Will check tomorrow to see. If it looks good then will pop up with the 16 dob. Been itching to use it again 

Tony 

Ron Clarke

Good tonight and tomorrow night then it's downhill all the way to the weekend!!

Ron

seven_legs

Ron, weather going to like that cause i was going to the stargazers lounge star party Friday and Saturday lol

Daz Type-R

Sharon will open the site up for you from 20:00 hrs.

Missus is out tonight so got to stay home to look after the little un otherwise I would have popped up.

Hope it stays clear.

seven_legs

Cheers Daz,

kev Rob and myself will be there about 20:30ish. Neither of use have been to that site yet so what part of the site do you normally go to?

Tony

Doc

I normally set up at the bottom of the field along the hedge line, from this position you don't see the headlights of the cars on the lane that runs along the campsite.

18 minutes ago, seven_legs said:

Cheers Daz,

kev Rob and myself will be there about 20:30ish. Neither of use have been to that site yet so what part of the site do you normally go to?

Tony

I've set up on just about every direction. Tonight I'll probably be on the north side, somewhere between the toilets and the yurts, Tony. I'm looking to frame M51.

Daz Type-R

Dark Site info for the site is in the dark site section, including a picture of said telegraph pole.

newtyng5

Bit misty tonight, and it seemed to gradually get worse, but it was still okay ( a damn sight better than where I live!).

Nice to meet Kev again!.

Saw a fair few objects, and really enjoyed it.

Probably the highlights were M102 in Draco (not seen this often), M27 Dumbell, M13, and the Blinking eye neb, to name a few. Loved the views in tony's dob> amazing.

Also had a peek at Mars, it was in a lot of mush and unsteady, but you could notice some dark patches on it's disc.

Shame it's going to be a washout at the SGL weekend(although Sunday looking promising, shame we booked for Fri-Sat), but at least we got several hours viewing in tonight. :)