• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

RVO re-vamped :)

Tweedledee

Just got back from a trip to RVO. What a difference! ?

They have re-vamped their astro showroom. It is more than twice the size it used to be, with more scopes and more glass cabinets full of eyepieces, cameras and accessories. They have a great variety of scopes on show, second-hand and new, and some new vertical racks with a good range of very nice WO, Takahashi and other OTA's clamped on show. Much more spacious and feels less cramped. So much better now, and apparently they will have even more new stock to show off very shortly. Get yourself up there for a visit, you'll love it. ?

I collected my Hypercam and reducer and bought some tube clamps and dovetail for my 80mm refractor. My AZEQ5 GT won't arrive for a couple of weeks as there are currently none left in the UK. So I'll be happy to have another trip to our local candy "MEGA" store when the mount gets delivered.

I'd also like to recommend a really nice cafe just a mile from RVO. I always stop there for a drink and spot of lunch to make it an even more enjoyable trip. The cafe is called "Heaven is Homemade" at Todwick. Just google it. Nice clean cosy place with a 1940's wartime theme, ration books for menus and nice friendly banter from the lady who runs it. Food is delicious. ? ??

Edited by Tweedledee
  • Like 3

So they are back to how it used to be before all the RC gear arrived?? Glad to hear it as I usually call in there when Lynne goes to Meadowhall shopping!!

Might try and find that cafe too!!

Cheers

Ron

1 hour ago, Bottletopburly said:

Think I’ll pass on that , had enough of that outfit 

Sorry you've had some poor service from them David. ☹️

3 hours ago, Ron Clarke said:

So they are back to how it used to be before all the RC gear arrived?? Glad to hear it as I usually call in there when Lynne goes to Meadowhall shopping!!

Might try and find that cafe too!!

Cheers

Ron

They still have the RC gear but have much more room devoted to astro now. They have new display units and I think they've done some decorating and freshened the place up since I last went.

A visit to the cafe is almost as good as a visit to RVO. ?

56 minutes ago, Tweedledee said:

Sorry you've had some poor service from them David. ☹️

??

I always enjoy a visit, and working on the trains is ideal.

Kiverton Park (or is it Bridge) is right on their doorstep.

Yes, I did notice quite a few new scopes on display last time i called in. It all looks very impressive. I thoroughly approve of them delving into the second hand market, too.

Sounds good Pete! Glad it is expanding rather than shrinking. Not too far to go either. I remember the cafe too! ?