• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Steady progress

Bottletopburly

So finally got out last night, head way made and in the right direction ,managed to get guiding  not saying it's the best graph and setting may need tweaked any tips appreciated ,i did run the guiding wizard too,after resetting calibration data ,and stars seem not too bad ,used HFD in APT with the autofocuser flying blind but sort of got the gist of it and the stars looked ok ,managed to get the dithering working , though i have the pier i need to use sharp cap PA routine every time as putting scope on and off does alter pa ,  and will download vnc viewer so i can adjust from the pier without having to go in and out of shed ,a real pain ,Apt played up for some reason maybe a glitch usually works fine platesolving and hitting targets bang on ,but not last night so used CDC ,so i took a few subs 11x 120s  approx 25x flats and bias as darks  of pleiades just to see what the stars were like guiding ,so faffed about way too long but not to disheartened it`s heading the right way   ,dithering took about 90 sec  and seems to work subs seemed less noisy , flats panel works though i used AV mode seemed overexposed so went manual 1/50 sec histogram was about 1/3 on APT screen and may need to tweak the panel hanging on the scope bottoms a bit near the edge of scope  drpboxed flats sub  ,comments welcome good or bad -sw200pds canon 1000d baader CC, guiding log https://www.dropbox.com/s/s3nzygxijcpcsvh/PHD2_GuideLog_2018-10-20_23420  https://www.dropbox.com/s/oj4qm5prlsz0hq0/L_0067_ISO800_1-50s__15C.CR2?dl=04.txt?dl=0 next outing i will concentrate on a glob cluster so fov fits  better on sensor better.

pleides2018#1

3 hours ago, Graham said:

Thats a great start David.

Flat looks pretty good to me.

Cheers graham wasn’t 100% whether flats were right ? 

Looking at the halo around star s thinking this may be caused by the sw LP filter I will try without , could get an eos please filter would it make a difference given the surrounding streetlights are LED ?