• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

EMS 5 star party - Disscusion Thread.

Daz Type-R

All,

Please use this thread for any discussions relating to the EMS 5 Star Party that are not to do with bookings.

This keeps the booking thread clear.

Thanks,

Daz.

7 minutes ago, Allan the Plumber said:

Any news on pitches yet Daz

All being well it should be available in the next couple of days.

There's a pub in the village, about a mile away, possibly a limited village shop in it too. This site is properly out in the boonies, so you might be struggling for a kebab house.

2 hours ago, BAZ said:

There's a pub in the village, about a mile away, possibly a limited village shop in it too. This site is properly out in the boonies, so you might be struggling for a kebab house.

Mile? not like Ems4 where it was in the village (pint of shirt lifter please) eh Martyn ?

7 hours ago, BAZ said:

Pub in the village sounds good to me !?

22 minutes ago, Doc said:

A country pub with an open fire sounds just the ticket on those cloudy nights ?

Cloudy nights, nah!

11 hours ago, Allan the Plumber said:
13 hours ago, BAZ said:

Mile? not like Ems4 where it was in the village (pint of shirt lifter please) eh Martyn

Yeah, the beer and the fire was nice, just those dogs wandering in and wazzing on the carpet like it was something they did everyday. Much more civilised down Exmoor I believe.

• Haha 2

I remember the wazzing very well, couldn't stop laughing. It was a nice pub if I remember correctly, the food was nice as well.

• Haha 2

The food was just well done and well priced pub grub, it was a good night in there, even the locals were friendly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Allan the Plumber said:

Any non drinkers that could run to the pub ?

You've got the bus Allan, we're all coming with you.?

2 hours ago, BAZ said:

Yeah, the beer and the fire was nice, just those dogs wandering in and wazzing on the carpet like it was something they did everyday. Much more civilised down Exmoor I believe.

I'd forgot about the dog!! Just made me chuckle.

31 minutes ago, tuckstar said:

You've got the bus Allan, we're all coming with you.?

It only seats 2 lol

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Some folks have been concerned about getting large RVs and caravans up to the site.  The best route isn't the most obvious:

If you're coming up the A396 from Tiverton and the M5, don't turn off for Dulverton or for Winsford, but continue on the A396 and take the B3224 heading for Simonsbath.
When you get to Exford, note the White Horse pub just before the bridge over the Exe (decent bar meals).  Continue toward Simonsbath about a mile and then turn left towards Dulverton.
This takes you over Winsford Hill, heading Eastward to approach the campsite from above, along wide and not very windy roads.

Hope that helps,

Bryan

Scope / camera, clean pair of pants and some Jaffa cakes.

Job done.

?

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, 8472 said:

Not long now, I've no idea what to pack!

Lots of warm clothes, cake, two sleeping bags (at least), cake, something to keep you off the floor and did I mention the cake?

A scope might be useful too.

Oh, tea and beer are good as well.