• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Guidance needed please

Tweedledee

When I've got over the novelty of the one shot colour, I can see me ugrading to the extra sensitivity of a good mono camera and then eventually filters and RGB imaging, which seems to be the way a lot of people progress.

Slippery slope and money pit approaching! ?

Not sure about novelty Pete, just sent my mono cam to have it re-chipped for one shot colour!!

To much 'faffing' about with filters and processing for me!! ☺️

22 hours ago, Tweedledee said:

Slippery slope and money pit approaching! ?

??

12 hours ago, Ron Clarke said:

Not sure about novelty Pete, just sent my mono cam to have it re-chipped for one shot colour!!

To much 'faffing' about with filters and processing for me!! ☺️

I'm all for keeping it simple and cutting down on any faffing. ?

What a wonderful thread to read. Reminds me of why I don't do astrophotography ?

Years ago I was going to do video photography, I even bought a mallincam and all the gubbins that went with it. I spent more time looking at my PC then I did the sky, it wasn't for me.

Then you have leads, don't get me started on leads. It done my OCD no good at all ?

Edited by Doc
  • Haha 3

I remember that Mick........it wasn't good for your mental health was it. You did manage to make some knots that were new to humanity though and I just think you didn't learn to cuss good enough.