• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Imaging Rig Mark 14

Guest Kheldar

Guest Kheldar

Almost there, believe it or not this is a marked improvement on the wiring!

Just need to get the mount hub attached to the mount in some manner and loom those cables up ...

gallery_10_7_576361.jpg

I can see why I don't image, my OCD would cause me to explode over all that wiring. Nice rig though and I'm sure we will see loads of awesome photo's being posted.

Guest Kheldar

I can see why I don't image, my OCD would cause me to explode over all that wiring. Nice rig though and I'm sure we will see loads of awesome photo's being posted.

Mine too :D Problem is you know how long I've been waiting for all the gear to arrive from countries near and far .... with these being the only two nights clear for the past month I had to set up!

Going for a chat with Rob tomorrow to see if he can help with the means of mounting the hub, then the looming shall commence ...

and finishing all the value-adds on the battery box ...

Gather all the cables at the center of the dovetail using a large cable tie (leaving a slack loop enough to turn in Dec). Run the cables under the sadle and gather together in a large enough cable tidy from Maplins. Strap the other end of the cable tidy (with a cable tie) half way down a leg leaving enough slack to turn in RA.

Use a small slated camping table under the tripod to sit the hub on and connect up. Pop it in a large tupperware box with a hole in each end for cables in/out to keep dry and gather loose lengths of cable. Then it's just one usb out of the box. Connect the power up seperately to a field battery or regulated power supply. Then it's just two cables into the house/tent (ac lead and usb to pc). Simples :)

http://stargazerslou...pictureid=10837

http://stargazerslou...pictureid=10838

Guest Kheldar

It's easy to see where your interests lie ;)

Does it show? :)

The right will be half as big next week ...... half of it is off to new EMS owners :lol:

Still not got round to those cables yet, but work is in progress ...

Edited by Kheldar